ABOUT HOUSE-A-FIRE STUDIOS
Because we have been in the trenches working in not ideal spaces, we thought our studio should include extras to help make your work day more enjoyable and productive. Less you have to take off the truck – the better!
We own a scissor lift to help you get things done up high; a front lobby area to rest and do business; an upstairs with a large comfortable couch area to mingle and converse, with desks and a makeup area. All this is included in the daily rate. Email us
- What is included?
- 25’ X 21’ X 18’ foot hard screen cyclorama 25′ X 21′ floor all painted with Composite Components Digital Green® paint
- Green screen and floor Pre-lit with Image 85 Kino Flo fixtures on a pipe grid
- Fixtures controlled with Chamsys lighting console
- Floor fixtures include 2 – 2 foot 4 bank keno select and 1 Image 80 both on rolling stands
- 10 X C-Stands with arms, flags, flops and frames
- Sound proofed and abated ceiling
- Mackie audio console and two studio monitors mounted on walls for playback
- 19’ Scissor Lift
- Curtain Track with 2 X Black Limbo Curtain 23′ W X 18′ H and 21 X 18′
- 10’ X 10’ Loading bay motorized door that is insulated and secure
- Front lobby with sitting area, microwave, fridge and freezer, with Keurig coffee maker
- Bathroom with space for make up and wheelchair access
- Second Level office space with seating area, makeup table and mirror, desk and chairs, full bathroom, small kitchen area with microwave and bar fridge.
- Vizpin cell phone fob system using cell phone Bluetooth technology
- 4 camera alarm force alarm system recorded 24 hours
- Front window and doors are secured with security bars and film. Doors have high security locks
- Air conditioning and heating upgraded
- 150/150 Telus internet service including 5 G wireless access
- Two parking spots in front of the studio with free street parking
- The Neighbourhood
We are located in a small co-op warehouse community. Near to us are a Tim Hortons and a Pub called Tidewaters. They are all within a 15-minute walk, for when you just need to get out for some air.
A Lowes and Home depot are close-bye, and if you are need of cedar wood for your fence, the mill is just down the street.
Our address is Unit 2-8207 Swenson Way Delta at the base of the Alex Fraser Bridge. Contact us so we can show you around! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solid verses Fabric Green Screens
Today we have small Fabric Green Screens that are great for all projects especially for making homemade videos, they are easy to setup and are portable. As well there are very large screens that are temporarily used in larger spaces and are very valuable for productions. They can be brought in and setup on curtain tracks and be pulled around to used in the background. On the floor, fabric is not necessarily made to step on making it desirable to paint the floor. The larger the screen, the more time to setup, to major productions with healthy budgets this is fine. The fabric green screens are most often used in temporary sets for film and television production.
A hard-green screen purpose built with cove and floor, takes time to construct, and once setup is not quickly torn down. So, not so portable. And it is not the most cost effective to setup when a production is renting location for a short amount of time.
The benefits of this type of green screen is that it is not prone to wrinkles or tears, and if the surface is marred can be quickly touched up with paint. It is strong and able to take a little abuse and will last until dismantled. This type of permanent green screen is most often found in broadcast or photographic studios that have an on going use for them.
- About Composite Components proprietary Digital Green® Paint
House-A-Fire Studios use Composite Components proprietary Digital Green®
Composite Components proprietary Digital Green® and Digital Blue™ paints are specially formulated to have the optimal color density, reflectivity and saturation for the cleanest possible composite. CCC paints have been Hollywood’s choice for twenty years, our materials have been used in productions like Life of Pi, Lucy and The Amazing Spiderman. Professional effects supervisors choose Composite Components because of our precise formula of dyes and pigments which yield a very specific color value in our paint. This patented Digital Green® color value blocks the reflection of red and blue light, yielding an extremely pure green that can be digitally extracted with cleaner edges and less foreground color distortion. In 1996 The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awarded us their Scientific and Engineering Academy Award for the technological achievement of developing the digital series of traveling matte backings, i.e. Digital Green® and Digital Blue™. CCC paint can drastically cut the time and expense of rotoscoping and color correcting the poor composites that result from with using low quality paint. Digital Green®, Digital Blue™ (for film), Digital Video Blue™ (for NTSC Broadcast Video), and Digital Red™ brand traveling matte paints are formulated to provide a close match to our fabric screens. Paint is available in one, two, and five gallon buckets. Digital Series™ paints are ideal for large stages or virtual sets and are often used to provide a matching floor surface to a vertically rigged screen.
For more information please visit: https://digitalgreenscreen.com/
- Can our production rent for a few hours instead of the whole day?
Ask us! We may be able to offer an hourly or half day rate depending on your project.
- Can anyone use the Scissor Lift?
Only trained and certified personnel may operate lift equipment in accordance with work safe BC regulations.
- Can I rent the studio even though I have no insurance?
For liability reasons and your protection we must insist that your production or event have appropriate insurance to cover accidents, and loss or damage that may occur on House-A-Fire property.
- Will House-A-Fire produce my production or find personnel to work on my production?
We will do our best to meet any needs you have. We have a Production Company that is available to help with your needs. We do not have full time staff available, but with our network we will be more than happy to find qualified people to fill a position especially in an emergency situation.
- Do you have extra equipment that we can use if we don’t have the budget for it?
It will depend on what is needed, how long it will be needed for, and what equipment is needed. In most cases if it is something small we will be able to help out, and if it is a larger item we can discuss a nominal fee for the time it is used.
- I have a few trucks that will need parking, but I understand there is not much space in the complex. Is there a place we can park that is close by?
We are fortunate to be in a location that a large amount street parking is available. To secure parking on the street please contact the city of Delta’s film department by calling 604-946-3258.
We want to send a big thank-you to our suppliers and friends that made this project possible:
Louella Quan Charlston
Our Suppliers, artists, and professionals
Website Design & Development:
Bay Door replacement:
DoorCare Enterprises Ltd.
2418 216th Street | Langley, BC, V2Z 1P4
Commercial Sales Rep:
Wayne Pasco 778-871-7912
Composite Components proprietary Digital Green® paint supplied by:
Cloverdale Paint 5589 Byrne Road
Burnaby, BC V5J-3J1
Ph: (604) 321-2216
Fax: (604) 321-679
Lighting hardware supplied by:
HollyNorth Production Supplies Ltd.
3735 1st Ave,
Burnaby, BC V5C 3V6
phone: (604) 299-2000
toll free: 1-877-299-2077
Curtain Track and Drape supplied by :
Stagefab 201-7475 Hedley Ave. Burnaby, BC V5E T 604-432-1051
Metro Aluminum Doors:
Front door Weather stripping
19045 24 Ave Surrey BC
604 535 5316
Clarkson H.V.A.C Services:
778 998 9001
#13 19889 96 Avenue Box 104
Langley BC V1M 3C7
Craig Tugwood and Enid Tugwood
Enid – 604-368-4154, email@example.com
Craig – 604-375-6617
Alarm Force Security
1 (800) 267-2001
20499 Westminster Hwy
Richmond, BC V6V 1B3
355 E. Liberty Street, Suite 210
Lancaster, PA 17602
Phone: +1 (717) 327-4244
Support Hours: M-F 8AM-6PM EST
778 888 3180